Modifications With You Every Step of The Way

Post-Divorce Modifications Attorney in Murfreesboro

Change a Court Order with Help from Mitchell E. Shannon, Attorney at Law

Whether you and your ex-spouse finalized matters through mediation or you received orders after a hearing, all court orders must be obeyed by all parties involved. Violating a family law court order could put you in contempt of court. That said, you do have the right to request changes to many components of your divorce decree.

At Mitchell E. Shannon, Attorney at Law, we understand that life can change on a whim. If changing circumstances call for modifications to any court order, let us help you request the appropriate changes. Our post-divorce modifications attorney in Murfreesboro understands how to properly petition for modifications and can build a strong case on your behalf. Our firm also represents individuals who want to block the other party’s requested changes.

Contact us online or call (615) 235-6608 now to request a free consultation.

What Can Be Modified?

Many components of your divorce decree can be changed with valid evidence that the change is required. All modifications must be approved by the court.

Generally speaking, you may request modifications to an order regarding:

Keep in mind that property division orders generally cannot be renegotiated or changed.

How to Obtain a Modification

In order to successfully change a court order, you will have to prove that there has been a substantial change in circumstances that requires the modification. If children are involved, you will have to prove that the change is in their best interests.

Situations that may be valid reasons for modifications include:

  • Job loss or promotion
  • Relocation required for work
  • Death or serious illness in the family
  • Instances of domestic abuse or child neglect
  • A significant change in the child’s care expenses
  • A child who has incurred a physical disability or serious illness

Working with a family law modifications attorney in Murfreesboro can significantly improve your chances of successfully modifying your court order. Mitchell E. Shannon, Attorney at Law is here to provide the personalized representation and compassionate guidance you are seeking.

Get in touch with us today by calling (615) 235-6608 or contact us online. We look forward to working with you and your family.

What Sets Us Apart?

  • Work Directly With Your Attorney Every Step of the Way
  • Customized Strategy for Every Case
  • We Treat Our Clients Like Family
  • Over 800 Divorces Handled
  • Nearly Two Decades of Experience

Get Started

Request Your Free Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.